[AD] AUDIOSTREAM broken in Windows?

Is anyone here who knows about sound? Basically, from a thread on
allegro.cc (and another earlier one):

http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/593696/709743#target

I get the impression we should apply the change I mention in that
post. It seems the audiostreams code is making some wrong (?)
assumption about having to provide 6 consecutive buffers a time to the
DirectSound driver - but of course, would need to be tested by someone
who has Windows, and ideally someone would know why the original
author of the code made such an assumption.

Right now it seems AUDIOSTREAMs are failing for some Windows users,
while Thomas Harte's simple code using just a looping VOICE works for
one Windows user.