Re: [AD] _get_allegro_version (4.3)

On 2007-08-08, Matthew Leverton <meffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8/8/07, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 2007-08-06, Matthew Leverton <meffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > So should _install_allegro be made static and removed from aintern.h as well?
> >
> > Well, no.  _install_allegro needs to be inlined into the user program so
> > _install_allegro_version_check can see if the Allegro library at
> > run-time is as recent as the copy of Allegro at compile time.
> >
> So is the 4.9 branch incorrect in making it static?

Sorry, I confused install_allegro with _install_allegro (which should be
renamed!).  I should have read my own comment:

/* _install_allegro:
 *  Initialises the Allegro library, activating the system driver.
 *
 *  This is non-static because 4.2.0 binaries reference it.  Newer binaries
 *  should only call this through _install_allegro_version_check().
 */

Peter