[AD] Palettes on Vista

There is a problem with the fullscreen directdraw drivers in 8 bit mode on Vista. When I run the demo, half of the time I get funky colors during the intro animation, then the mode selection dialogs are red. When I play the game, the blue part at the tip of the ship is white. I'm not really sure what the problem is, or really what to look for. I was hoping someone might know or at least have some idea what to look for. The same binaries that were compiled on the Vista machine work correctly on an XP machine. The problem occurs with both 4.2.1 and 4.2.2rc1.

Trent