Re: [AD] default values for get_desktop_resolution

On Friday 27 July 2007 02:10:50 pm Matthew Leverton wrote:
> If get_desktop_resolution fails, the behavior is undefined. I propose
> that we define the behavior to not modify the width and height. It
> could easily be implemented in a way that system drivers don't even
> have to be aware:

I think a problem with that is it's interaction with things like valgrind.
Setting 'int w = *width;' may complain that it's using uninitialized memory
if the user hasn't initialized it yet, and then setting it back on failure
won't cause an uninitialized memory warning if apps try to use it after
failure.