Re: [AD] fbcon driver color depth

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

Patch attached. I actually also added a resolution getter while I was at it. Tested in so far as I can say that it compiles on my system (so not actually tested at all). I'm not sure it does the right thing when it comes to loading the driver as a module.

I find the code a bit hackish, in particular because the fbdev graphics driver now inserts part of itself into the system driver. Ugly, but cannot be helped that I can see.
Tests and comments welcome!

It works. Using vesafb driver in 800x600x16 mode, with fbcon as a module.
Just that there should be a "fb_mode_read = FALSE;" in fbexit() because some drivers are able to change resolution and color depth I think.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net