Re: [AD] Maybe bug in pack_fopen_chunk

Peter Hull wrote:
tmp_dir has already been set up (to /tmp or whatever)
On OSX (and as far as I can tell from the manpages, on Linux too),
tmpnam() already supplies the path to the temporary file, (I get
something like '/var/tmp/tmp.0.nvWJmI') so the final value of tmp_name
is something like '/tmp//var/tmp/tmp.0.nvWJmI'. This is a non-existent
path and open() fails.

Meanwhile on Windows (as I mentioned earlier), the path returned contains a '\/\' sequence, but fortunately, Windows automatically collapses a '\/\' into a '\'. Does OSX collapse '//' into '/'?

AE.