Re: [AD] Bug with transparent ellipses

On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 11:59 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> On Monday 04 September 2006 11:49, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > We should handle rgb_map in a separate patch I think, since there the
> > fix must look different. See the makecol8 code, which would break with
> > your patch:
>
> I don't think we should be doing (relatively) fancy things like this so short
> before a release. Just stick ASSERTS in the appropriate places for now.
> Also remember: 4.2.1 is a bugfix release, not a release to cure the ills of
> the current API. Changing the code so that the colour mapping tables are not
> NULL to begin with can be argued to be an API change, which might break
> existing code. I don't think we want to go there.
> I'm ok with discussing this for a possible 4.2.2, and it should definately be
> done better for 4.3 (but that's the idea anyway, right?), but not for 4.2.1

Yes, that's just what I thought earlier.. the problem is, in #allegro it
got clear that patch to place ASSERTs would be slightly harder to do and
look messier than this one.

And so, as we now have a very simple and almost (remove the rgb_map
stuff) working patch, lazyness would win for me :)

--
Elias Pschernig