Re: [AD] new ALSA driver

Chris Robinson wrote:

Don't forget, when _al_voice_update returns NULL, you should play silence. You currently just rest and return.

I still don't see what's wrong with resting.

I did some more work on it:
- setting device names by channel config
Added 3 new options for alsa_set_ptr(): AL_ALSA_DEVICE_2CH, AL_ALSA_DEVICE_4CH, AL_ALSA_DEVICE_6CH. Default device names are "default", "surround40" and "surround51". I don't know about other channel configuration schemes. I saw this in MPlayer sources.

- multiple hardware voices
ALSA driver now supports up to MAX_VOICES voices (currently defined to 5). Multiple calls to snd_pcm_open are made. I was able to open even 50 voices on "default" device, but only one on surround devices.

- the example app was modified to play all samples given in command line at the same time, using as many voices possible. The code is a mess now.

I noticed that the API lacks volume control of any kind. Am I missing something?

A function to get available driver names would be nice.

And there is a bug with streaming. It's like the last fragment gets repeated twice. It happens both with alsa and openal driver so the problem must be somewhere else.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net