Re: [AD] Resizeable windows

On 2006-08-19, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 17:57 +0100, Peter Hull wrote:
> > What's the plan for resizeable windows?
> >
> > There could be either
> > A flag (AL_RESIZEABLE) to al_create_display and an event to tell the
> > app it's been resized
> > or
> > An event which is a request for a resize, which a compliant app would
> > respond to by calling al_resize_display* If an app doesn't want to
> > resize it just ignores this message.
> > or
> > No resizing at all
> >
> > I prefer option (2) I think.
> >

> I think (2) is problematic, because we may have to specify at window
> creation time if the window is resizable. And (3) already was ruled out
> some time ago.

(1) was problematic for the old API, since 'screen' would then
spontaneously change size, so we needed an acknowledgement.  Not
acknowledging doesn't having to stop the window from actually being
resized, but 'screen' would just not match the new window size.

I don't know what the situation would be with the new API, but I think
having an acknowledgement is still the right thing.

Peter