Re: [AD] 4.3 display update methods

On 8/10/06, Robert Ohannessian <ROhannessian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was referring to NOT IMMEDIATE, FRONT BUFFER NOT RETAINED, BACK BUFFER
NOT RETAINED by default.

So, are we agreed that this is the scheme that can be implemented at
driver-level for all platforms?

If some drivers can do something else, then
good for them. However, apps should not depend on retaining anything
and/or immediate drawing.

Yes for retaining, but what about immediate drawing? If an app does a
lot of complicated drawing then a flip (assuming that the screen will
update in one go) it might look crappy if it _is_ immediate. Do we
need to mandate 'non-immediate' behaviour?

Pete