Re: [AD] 4.3 error handling

Peter Wang wrote:
On 2006-06-08, Chris <chris.kcat@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's the rare cases that need the most thought.  Avoiding problems due
to "sloppy coding" by not encouraging them in the first place is part of
good design.
I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you saying it should be okay for a user to make sloppy code because we should take care of it for them?

I mean, we should avoid digging holes so that people may fall into them.
Erecting a sign around the hole and telling people to walk around it is
not nearly as good as not digging it in the first place.

Yeah, that's what I also interpreted. Only that Peter's version is far better worded than mine :)

Yours,
  David.