Re: [AD] Reading an allegro packed file directly from a datafile returns incorrect values

The 'p' modifier does not refer to whether the #objects are packed or
not.  In fact, the 'p' modifier is ignored when file#object syntax is
used.  The documentation is not clear, and I'm not sure what the
intended behaviour ought to be.

I noticed that passing 'p', or not, on read from datafile didn't make a difference. There's no note in the docs about this, though.

It turns out to be "slh!" in little-endian, i.e. it is reading the
compressed data block without decompressing.

Can I suggest using zip files instead of datafiles?

Technically, the files I'm using are very small, so using compression isn't absolutely necessary. For now I can generate the files uncompressed. What I'm more concerned with at this point is whether this functionality should work (that is, we have a bug here!), or if it shouldn't (in which case the documentation has to be updated).

-Jay