[AD] Cannot link Allegro on OSX with frameworks

I tried building my game on OS X using the bundled app thing, make install-framework EMBED=1, but when I try to link my game with Allegro I get the following missing symbol:

__install_allegro_version_check

This is with Allegro 4.2.0. I tried with the svn version of allegro too and the resulted in missing symbols for

__install_allegro_version_check
__osx_bootstrap_ok

Is this a known issue or did I forget to do something? My build line for allegro was like this:

$ fix.sh macosx && make depend && make && sudo make install && sudo make install-framework EMBED=1