[AD] Distributing Allegro binary shared objects for Linux

I’m building an application that uses Allegro with an automated patching system for Windows, Linux and Mac.  My goal is to provide a completely playable system regardless whether the player has Allegro installed and to be able to completely update their entire system (including new Allegro builds) automatically through future patches.  For bandwidth conservation and portability, I’m building Allegro to use shared objects with dynamic modules enabled.

When distributing the shared objects on Linux, do I only need to distribute the liballeg.so.4.2 file or do I also need to include the modules that are normally installed in /usr/local/lib/allegro/4.2/ (alleg-vga.so, alleg-alsadigi.so, alleg-alsamidi.so, alleg-svgalib.so, alleg-fbcon.co, alleg-artsdigi.so, alleg-dga2.so, alleg-esddigi.so)?

Kirk Black

President / Owner

Family Time! Interactive, L.L.C.

Mobile: 512.771.5762