Re: [AD] XInitThreads

Elias Pschernig wrote:

If it seems to be a better idea, I can also make a patch to use
XLockDisplay in XLOCK. And it could still be configurable at compile
time via a configure parameter.

This would require a bit of tunning. You cannot lock the display you haven't opened yet, therefore you cannot lock whole _xwin_private_open_display(). The same applies for unlocking a display closed with XCloseDisplay() in _xwin_close_display().

Are recursive calls to XLOCK/XUNLOCK valid? As far I can tell
_unix_create_mutex creates a non-recursive mutex. Which reminds me there is one patch that should be applied to AGL if we don't change this. XLockDisplay/XUnlockDisplay are recursive.

I don't think we should change the locking system, but I'm not sure if we should lock X11 calls in AGL at all, since signaled version is not supported.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net