Re: [AD] proposal: remove XLOCK/XUNLOCK

Peter Wang wrote:

Are you sure?  I thought all XInitThreads did was allow you to use
XLockDisplay/XUnlockDisplay instead of some external locking mechanism.

I thought that too, but I looked at the X.org source code and every function that needs locking locks itself with XLockDisplay/XUnlockDisplay.
I hope they didn't forget some :-)

I think your proposal is too drastic.  We can switch over to
XInitThreads/XLockDisplay easily to support Mesa without dropping all
XLOCK/XUNLOCK.  Could even make it a configure option to should between
pthreads locking and X locking, for those who haven't upgraded their X
servers.

Yeah, there shouldn't be any problems just to call XInitThreads for those libs which need it and stick to pthread mutexes. We're talking about stable version of allegro here.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net