Re: [AD] Problem with key_shifts on Windows.

--- Andrei Ellman <ae-a-alleg@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have found a bug in the behaviour of the
> key_shifts variable in
> Windows. Sometimes, the appropriate flag does not
> get set when a
> shift/ctrl/alt key is pressed, and when the key is
> released, the flag is
> set.

For me the flags are set properly when the keys are
pressed.

> Another thing I notice is that as long as the flag
> for CTRL is set, ESC
> does not work, and if the flag for ALT is set,
> neither ESC or SPACE
> works (I've not tried any other keys).

On Windows XP Control-Esc activates the start menu,
Alt-Esc tabs between windows and Alt-Space activates
the window menu (the one that comes up when you
left-click on the icon on the far left side of a
window header). I think Windows is grabbing these
combinations before you see them.

> Also in the Windows, if ALT-GR is released, it sets
> both the ALT and
> CTRL flags in key_shifts, but in the DOS version,
> ALT-GR only sets the
> ALT flag when pressed. I have a UK keyboard.

I have a US keyboard so maybe the problem lies with
the way Allegro interacts with other types of
keyboards.