Re: [AD] SVN

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 23:57 +0100, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 23:26 +0100, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > > Me too.  I think there is no rush.
> >
> > I agree there's no rush, but I'd still like to switch back at some point.
> > Main reason being that we cannot as easily add new users or manage SVN
> > acces as we could through the SourceForge admin page. It's not a big deal,
> > but I'd like to move back to it at some point.
> > Let's wait to hear about SF's performance on SVN first though. We can
> > switch back when we're confident it's working properly. ;)
>
> I put another project into SVN at SF, and performance seems like CVS to
> me. Actually, comparing both bafserv and SVN right now is somewhat funny
> (or sad):
>
> bafserv: times out
> SF: times out

Now both work again, checkout times for docs/src for me are:

bafserv: 157 seconds
SF: 158 seconds

(Apparently, both bafserv and SF are set up to use no compression.. oh
well.)

Anyway, it seems to be working properly, and about availability, we only
know that both have been down from time to time in the past.

--
Elias Pschernig