Re: [AD] Changes to aWiki

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 20:06 +0530, Karthik Kumar wrote:
> i've made a few changes to:
>
> http://awiki.tomasu.org/bin/view/Main/AL_DISPLAY
>
> and hence, a kludge to:
>
> http://awiki.tomasu.org/bin/view/Main/Al_create_display_bitmap
>
> it is planned to use a AL_FORMAT structure to describe color, type of
> buffer and the bitmasks.
>
> Please check the VTABLEs and let me know your comments.

Could you give some examples how the vtablelist is used? It isn't clear
to me..

Also, we still haven't decided if we want to keep vtables like the
current ones, or do something else:
http://awiki.tomasu.org/bin/view/Main/ProposedVTables

I must admit, I'm not very sure about how much documentation there is.
It looks like this:

http://awiki.tomasu.org/bin/view/Main/Graphics

is a wikification of this:

http://alleg.sourceforge.net/future/gfx-api.txt

and that that's all we got.

And the code in the 4.3 branch is just an emulation of this proposed API
using the old API, and no drivers or vtables of any sort. Right?

I guess the best would be to just implement some simple driver, just so
we have something to look at. Then design the internals as we go along,
or by someone having posting a complete detailed proposal..

--
Elias Pschernig