Re: [AD] NewAPI Poll

I think the better questions to ask is: Will we later regret a state based API? Will we later regret not making it state based?

AllegroGL was somewhat painful to write because OpenGL is state based but Allegro is not. If Allegro were state based, AGL would be easier to write, but not all that much more - most of the difficulty is in dealing with the rest of the Allegro API, not which the current drawing target.

Personally, I don't care much. I'm pretty sure we can convert one into the other. I'm more worried about things like threads and various resource allocations on non-Windows platforms - I know very little about those. Someone with more experience should weigh in.