Re: [AD] Breakpointing an app in the MSVC 6 debugger can get a key to be stuck in Windows 2000

On 2005-12-31, Andrei Ellman <ae-a-alleg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Peter Wang wrote:
> >You can try this test.  Using a windowed graphics driver, set a
> >SWITCH_IN and SWITCH_OUT callback with set_display_switch_callback() and
> >see if the callback is called before and after you enter the breakpoint.
>
> I tried the test, but it appears that in both Windows 98 and Windows
> 2000, neither the SWITCH_IN or SWITCH_OUT callbacks are called when the
> breakpoint is reached. However, when I bring another app to the
> foreground, the SWITCH_OUT callback is called, and when I switch back to
> the app, the SWITCH_IN callback is called.

Maybe try setting breakpoints on handle_key_release() or
_handle_key_release() to see if either get called after resuming from a
breakpoint in Win98?

Nothing in src/win/wkeybd.c modifies key[] directly.  For that,
handle_key_press() and handle_key_release() call _handle_key_press() and
_handle_key_release() respectively, which are defined in src/keyboard.c.
If key[] is being set in Win98 it should happen via handle_key_release()
or _handle_key_release().

Peter