Re: [AD] Bulletlists and makedoc

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 22:41 +0100, christer.sandberg@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The program I use to view the rtf documentation of Allegro 4.2 (I use Open
> Office Writer 2.0) shows some empty rows with bullets in all bullet lists. It
> seems to be a leading extra bullet in each bullet list, then one extra for every
> second item.
> Does anyone know if this is intended or a bug?
>
> When I build a minimal test example containing a simple bullet list (with
> html-notation) I get the extra empty row with a bullet for each item in the
> rtf-docs.
>
> Also I noted that a source format like:
> <ul>
>    <li> First item
>    <li> Second item
> </ul>
> will mess up the the items.
>
> I had a look at the rtf-source as well as the makertf.c, but it's obvious that
> it would require some work to learn rtf to understand what to do (I got rid of
> the extra bullets by making some changes by chance).

Yes, makedoc is sort of abandoned due to its hackish sourcecode (which
doesn't mean someone might not want to fix this part of the RTF output
if it's simple).

And I'm not completely sure anymore, but I think we stopped working on
makedoc2 since Matthew is working on a superior documentation system
already, so we can then do a one-time transfer of the ._tx files to that
system, abd retire all of makedoc.

--
Elias Pschernig