RE: [AD] Question about 256 colors modes

Hi Vincent!

I've asked our "Photoshop guru" about your concerns,
and the told me that, in fact, Photoshop doesn't have
the "transparent color" concept on generating the
color palette for Indexed colors.

Is different with others programs like Animated GIF
generators or Icons creators (where the "transparent"
concept is included).

In my case, I've downloaded a little freeware program
(PEdit 0.9.1) which allowed me to left-shift all the
color indexes until the color 0,0,0 was placed at
index 0 as we needed for allegro.

I guess Photoshop is popular enough to find that this
issue may arise to any other developer. May be a
"quick and dirty" solution would be to have a test
program that "reorders" the palette so it gets the
transparent color wanted (if it's not placed at index
0).

Kind regards, Hugo.

--- Vincent Penecherc'h