Re: [AD] Question about 256 colors modes

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your answer!

- I've guessed it was a matter of old hardware the
"stucked to index 0" issue.

- The "Save for Web" option was not used by our
illustrator because he told me that he prefers the
other conversion.

- You're right, I've used the PEdit to shift the color
(0,0,0) to index 0. The "swapping palette" program
written with allegro was my first approach, but I
didn't find the .act (Photoshop palette) file format
specification to save it for Photoshop, so I dropped
it.

The "only" problem -which made me ask this questions
on the first place- is that I had to re-convert with
the new "ordered" palette all the BMP files, that's
it:

- Open Each BMP
- Convert it to RGB
- Reconvert it to index color using this (ordered)
palette.
- Save the resulting BMP

And we have... 54x2 (two monitors) BMP's for each
game! Hard work to change the palette by hand using
the Photoshop as you may see. I've tried an allegro
version of this, but Photoshop gets better renders for
this particular task...

Thanks to everybody for your help, allegro it's a
great tool for developers, and you guys are who make
this happen.

Kind regards, Hugo.

<cut>

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam