[AD] GP2X support

Hi guys,

I don't know if you've heard of the GP2X - it's a handheld game/media
player, which is open to homebrew development.  http://www.gbax.co.uk/

I got one a few weeks ago, and patched Allegro 4.2.0 to work on it.  The
interim result is here, if anyone is interested:

	http://www.glost.eclipse.co.uk/gfoot/gp2x/allegro/

There's not a lot of interest though, unless you actually own one of
these things. :)

It's impressive how easy it was to build Allegro on non-Intel
architecture - a testament to the porting work that's already been done.
:)  Most of the work in targetting the GP2X was altering the configure
script to better support cross-compiling, and writing device-specific
drivers.

The non-Intel drawing primitives are *really* slow though - it looks
like they're writing single pixels, rather than doing block writes,
which is obviously rather slow.  A loop of memcpy calls outpaces blit by
an order of magnitude.  I seem to remember something about some
architectures needing to store one pixel per word, or something?  Maybe
it would be good to have some way to use more optimal routines on nice
architectures that don't have such restrictions.

I wasn't really anticipating these patches being rolled back into the
main Allegro distribution - a lot of the changes are nasty hacks, like
hijacking the Linux system driver rather than writing my own.  Some
things could be useful though - I extended the joystick support in the
GUI to also work in menus, and added a tab button - but the code isn't
clean, I really just wanted to get more examples and the demo game
working. :)

George