Re: [AD] Bug in readkey() with numeric keypad?

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 09:29 +0100, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > Probably an oversight, as from 4.1.12 to 4.2.0 there were several keyb
> > changes,
>
> Possibly. Is the behavior inconsistent with the documented  behavior (can't
> check right now)?
>
> > eventually i decided to write my own
> > as the changes/bugs kept cropping up, and i thought, well there will be
> > more bugs in the future (most likely, and today is that day).
>
> Well, cheers. Any chance you could help out fix those bugs you're talking
> about?
> As for changes, why does that matter? As long as the documented behavior does
> not change what difference does it make?

His is not using DirectX AFAIK. Simply using the windows messages indeed
has several advantages:

- Translation to unicode is much easier, since Windows does it all for
us

- Nothing is done in the input thread, it simply is windows messages
received in the main windows loop.

- Some of the mentioned problems about the current one wouldn't exist,
for example, Alt+number sequences, or Numkey behavior, would be exactly
like in Windows itself.

So, I guess, we should switch to the non-DX driver if you submit a
patch.

--
Elias Pschernig