Re: [AD] new_api_branch error handling

On 2005-11-05, Peter Hull <peter.hull90@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Saturday, November 5, 2005, at 02:00  am, Peter Wang wrote:
>
> >That module is obsolete.  The new API work is done in a branch of the
> >normal `allegro' module.
>
> What happens next (assuming the migration to Subversion doesn't
> happen?) Will new_api_branch become the HEAD?

I think so but I think we should move to Subversion before that (though
it does not really matter).  We can branch 4.2.x immediately after
release of 4.2.0, or keep 4.2.x in HEAD for a while and branch later.

> I ask because I just did a cvs update -r new_api_branch and the
> resulting codebase  doesn't compile.

Is this on OS X?  At the least the OS X port needs big updates to the
keyboard and joystick drivers.  The first thing to do is to make it
compile again even if it doesn't work, by liberal use of comments.

> It is also missing some of the latest check-ins on HEAD.

I tend to merge in changes a few days (or weeks) after a release.

Peter