Re: [AD] Proposing patch in windows detection

And what about Windows Vista? (Is it some variant of Longhorn? If yes,
we should simple consider it Longhorn).
Diferentiating between Win 2003 and Win 2003 R2 isn't usefull for our
purposes, i believe (if it was then Allegro should diferentiate between
Win98 and Win98SE too).
But still has a problem here. "Windows XP Profession x64 Edition" has a
5.2 version number too, so it would be detected as Win 2003 instead of
Win XP.

As we can see, even in MSDN the procedures to detect the correct
version of the Windows are very tortuous (M$ really doesn't like to
keep things simple).

I would like to see more comments about that. So people, what do you
think about this?

Victor Williams Stafusa da Silva

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sysinfo/base/osversioninfo_str.asp

> Windows Server "Longhorn"    6.0
> Windows "Longhorn"    6.0
> Windows Server 2003 R2    5.2
> Windows Server 2003    5.2
> Windows XP    5.1
> Windows 2000    5.0
> Windows Me    4.90
> Windows 98    4.10
> Windows NT 4.0    4.0
> Windows 95    4.0
>
> so 95 and NT will look similar, but then you can test the
> dwPlatformId
> to differetntiate that one.

Faça do Yahoo! sua página inicial.
http://br.yahoo.com/homepageset.html