Re: [AD] test of possible new online docs

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 21:30 +0100, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> On 2005-10-31, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I discovered that devhelp docs now have an online PHP browser using the
> > XUL interface. So I simply copied the "php" folder and the
> > allegro.devhelp to the alleg account on SF - and almost surprisingly,
> > after creating an empty DB and filling in the DB user:pass, it worked:
> >
> > http://alleg.sourceforge.net/test/devhelp/php/book.xul.php?book=allegro
> >
> > So for firefox users, could easily have online docs with
> > full-text-search hosted on SF :)
>
> Using firefox rc1 the search works ok, but on the content index
> clicking on the sections doesn't seem to do anything at all.

It works in firefox 1.0.6.

What I don't like though is, there seems to be no way to link to a
specific entry, so I guess we shouldn't replace the current online docs.
And not sure what happens to IE users either.

I will send the 4.2.0 devhelp book to Jose Fonseca though, so then
Allegro docs will appear on http://htmlhelp.dotsrc.org.

Also Matthew's editable online docs seem to be progressing well (at
least, http://www.allegro.cc/manual looks new to me) - so maybe soon
that will fit all needs.

--
Elias Pschernig