Re: [AD] Allegro 4.3 file location API

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 08:17, Peter Hull wrote:
> Right; I suggest SHGetFolderPath (
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/
> shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shgetfolderpath.asp ) for
> windows and NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains (
> http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/
> LowLevelFileMgmt/Tasks/LocatingDirectories.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/
> 20001279 ) for OSX. I'm not sure about Linux though?

*NIX in general should be easy on the one hand, given the file system
hierarchy. The complication is how to deal with slight variations between
different distributions and versions and user preferences. The latter, I
think, are typically specified at compiletime.

That said, if we can override the current path settings from within the
programme, it should be enough to specify suitable defaults.

Evert