RE: [AD] malloc

> That way, you can simply send such a patch to the list once a year or
> so, and need not worry if it is wasted or not (it is not,
> since you use
> it in your own game anyway) - and eventually it will go into the main
> lib if it is a good idea.

Except if it's a good idea that nobody else sees, like allowing
zero size bitmaps :) I've pitched this one a few times already, and
I'll do it again here: it makes much more elegant use of BITMAPs and
sub-bitmaps in GUI code (at least in cases where you use sub bitmaps
of a parent to place a widget).
It's not very different from allowing a clipping rectangle that
clips away the entire area of a BITMAP, which Allegro currently
allows AFAIK.

And my set_clip_and_i_mean_it, which prevents the clipping rectangle
I specify from being used. Quite useful too.

They're both in my 300 KB personal patch :)