Re: [AD] Window Resizing

Peter Wang wrote:

On 2005-10-04, Dustin Dettmer <dustin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What are the plans for implementing this?  Is there
already some API decided upon?

We won't do anything about that in 4.2.

When we do want to do screen resizing Ill resubmit my X11 patch :).

This kind of proposal has come up before and it's not enough.  `proc' is
presumably called from an auxiliary thread, in which case the screen can
be resized at any time[1].  You need a function for the main thread to
acknowledge the resize, and delay any resizing operation until that
function has been called.
I thought of something else, the screen variable is resized then its probably going to point to a new section of memory right? screen = create_bitmap(x,y); which means that if the user was keeping track of screen in his own variables now he has to go through and make sure to change them. We should have something like BITMAP * get_screen() which returns the current screen and deprecate the use of 'screen' directly.