Re: [AD] Alsa midi deadlock under Linux using three finger combo.

On October 9, 2005 08:43 am, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 13:55 +0200, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> > >From the looks of the "info threads" command, it seems my system has
> >
> > a terribly messed up midi configuration. Indeed, Allegro's miditest
> > reports I have ALSA rawMIDI, but I don't "hear" anything. Digital
> > sound plays fine though.
> >
> > I'm not sure how valid this bug report is. The problem seems to be
> > a misconfigured midi being autodetected. Putting midi_card = 0 in
> > the configuration file works like a charm. Configuring alsa properly
> > would surely work too. On the other hand, maybe the deadlock during
> > the three finger combo could be avoided?
> >
> > The miditest program doesn't seem to hog the CPU and drop framerates,
> > but then, it's not doing much, sitting there idle for the user to
> > play the piano.
>
> Does DIGMID work?
>
> My experience with alsa midi always is similiar to what you describe,
> but I always blamed it on my installation.

I'd blame ALSA as well. :o the docs are horrible, and settings for one
card/driver dont work on another.. Its all rather annoying. If it wern't for
the doc problems I'd have looked into it along time ago, but as it is I can't
make heads or tails of the situation (having only one audio card, builtin
via82xx no midi, doesn't help matters any).

--
Thomas Fjellstrom