[AD] Re: [AL] stretch_blit crashing under linux

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 01:36 +0100, Marco Cardoso wrote:

> >Which OTOH would mean, there's some bug in the asm code :/
>
> Ok. I've done that, and now the program doesn't crash.

Hm. Should we make the non-asm version default for 4.2.0? We probably
can't figure this out in time, so it might be a good idea, especially
since that one allegro.cc thread some time ago showed that the C version
is often faster anyway.

(Forwarded to the developers lists, in case someone there isn't reading
the thread here.)

> >Do you know how to use gdb? There's a (very small) chance a more
> >detailed backtrace could give a hint.
>
> No, i don't know how to get a more detailed backtrace.

Ok. Just in case you want to compile again the asm version and play with
it:

Use Allegro's debug version and compile your program in debug mode, then
run it in gdb, something like:

gdb myprog

Then when it crashes, type:

info threads
thread 1
bt
thread 2
bt
thread 3
bt

And copy all the text from starting up gdb to quitting.

--
Elias Pschernig