Re: [AD] Patch to thanks._tx and demo.c

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 13:21 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > The ugly hack is "built-in" and just a line of code, compared to
> > updating a binary file for (right now) three names. I put my bet
> > on being lazy. If you don't, please commit the .dat. Both solutions
> > solve the problem.
>
> As we're supposed to be replacing the demo anyway, I would just leave the
> font and commit the lazy patch...
> But let's doublecheck that the new demo deals with the names properly!

Well, I'd like to keep the demo available somewhere (or maybe even keep
both separate from the core package). So, it still should do things
properly.

Doing a translation from é to e maybe can even count as showing
something which useful, and someone with a non-latin name is still out
of luck.. so I don't really mind - but my vote would be for using a
proper font, since I think that's something much more important to show
how it can be done.

--
Elias Pschernig