Re: [AD] Re: [AL] stretch_blit crashing under linux

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

Well, I tried running it remotely on my workstation (Xeon) and it
didn't crash there either. I don't pretend to understand. Can the gcc
version matter?

I just had a quick look at the asm version of the stretcher, it does not
seem to save/restore registers on entry/exit from dynamically generated
code. So probably depending on the compiler version, calling conventions
or optimizations settings it can cause problems.

Also is there such thing as DEP in linux? That's probably the only way
how different kernel versions could affect this issue.