[AD] Subversion

I would really like to migrate to Subversion ASAP, after 4.2.0 is out.
The 4.3 source needs reorganising so that is it more obviously
stratified and modular.  Files need to be renamed and moved about but I
don't want to lose the histories doing that.  And hopefully SVN would be
smarter at merging after renames than CVS (anyone know?)

I was going to suggest moving the code off SF.net, at least temporarily,
but they just sent out a newsletter regarding their SVN plans.
Unfortunately they have no specific timetable but we can ask to be in
their beta trial.  Do you think we should go for that?  It would save us
some trouble if we need/want to move back to SF later, but maybe "beta"
actually means "beta"...

Peter