RE: [AD] Program hangs

I have a feeling that the real solution is not acquire bitmaps when
possible (inside Allegro that is).

Surface locking, in DDraw, is used to get a pointer to some surface. If
you don't lock it, you have no valid pointer that you can use (for
either reading or writing).

So what are the functions in Allegro that -need- a pointer to the
bitmap? Can they be rewritten to not use a surface pointer, but use the
DDraw accelerated commands instead?