Re: [AD] Documentation update

On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 12:43 +0200, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> Attached proposed documentation update.

Skimmed over it, great work.

Some very minor things I noticed:

> +On some platforms you can attach datafiles to your binary, potentially
> +reducing your game distribution down to a single executable file, try the
> +example exexedat on your platform to see if this is possible.

The last "," should be a "." or "-".

> +Note: even though Allegro datafiles provide encryption, you should consider

Should be "Even" here, since it starts a new sentence (I think).

> +it weak, so don't plan hiding there the plans for a Death Star or something.

"on hiding" or "to hide" sounds better than just "hiding" I think.

> +Using datafiles once they are loaded is quite simple: you access the elements

Same as above, if first word in new sentence after : is capitalized as I believe it is.

> Read below section "Using datafiles" for
> +several examples on how to access their data.

"Read the section ... below, for ..." sounds better I think.

> +   Returns a pointer to a single DATAFILE element whose `dat' member points to

What about using "dat" or 'dat' or `dat´ instead of `dat'? I thought we
agreed in that last discussion that `' is bad.. or did I misunderstand,
and it is required for tex output? (In which case I guess it would be
better to let makedoc handle it.)

> +   Fixed point hypotenuse (returns the square root of `x*x + y*y'). This
> +   should be better than calculating yourself the formula manually, since
> +   the error is much smaller.

"calulating the formula yourself manually"

--
Elias Pschernig