Re: [AD] TRACEs in xkeyboard.c

On Thursday 22 September 2005 03:05 pm, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > But since all other parts of Allegro have almost no runtime information
> > at all, and we have no way to have different debug classes and levels
> > (something we should add after 4.2), and user code also might use TRACE
> > and allegro.log, I wonder if those TRACE calls should be removed for
> > 4.2.0..
>
> Nah, why bother? Just leave them.

Because it unnecesarilly bloats allegro.log, getting in the way of a user's
TRACE statements. Isn't there debugmode verboseness levels? At level 2, or
something higher than the default I wouldn't really mind. At the very least,
it'd be nice if the lines were prepended with something like "Allegro:: ".
When you have multiple Allegro add-on libs, along with Allegro itself, all
writing to the same allegro.log, along with your own program, it gets very
confusing real fast.