Re: [AD] RC1 - OSX - :(

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 08:17, Peter Hull wrote:
> Unfortunately this doesn't build for me - the problem seems to be that
> makefile.dep is wrongly accounting for some headers that are in
> frameworks, when it's processing Objective C files. For example
> #include <CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h> probably shouldn't be
> included in the dependency list. The errors I get are of the type:
> No rule to make dependency XXX.h, required by target YYY.o

This looks like a problem in the dependency generation. As far as I know,
it should not include dependencies for files that are included with <>.
I distinctly remember we had a very similar problem a while back and we
solved it. Do you remember the details?

> I think that you'll need a 'proper' Apple compiler to do the
> dependencies properly. The solution is either:
> 1. ask people to run make depend first (maybe part of fix.sh?)
> or
> 2. use this dependency file (attached)

Hmm... I'd prefer to figure out how to solve the problem without having
people need to run make depend or having to use a Mac. For dependency
generation, the compiler also shouldn't care if it's running under Linux
on an Intel PC or under MacOS X on a PowerPC. Or on SystemV running on...
whatever it runs on...

Evert