RE: [AD] Potential color conversion bug

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 09:55 -0700, Robert Ohannessian wrote:
> This code should be moved down in the drivers. There is no fundamental
> reason why video bitmaps needs to have the same depth as the screen. In
> fact, that's sometimes impossible.

I think, the screen vtable for AllegroGL could fill in its own
blit_between_formats, and check there if the source is a video bitmap as
well.

Else, assume we change the order. Now someone blits a memory 8-bit
bitmap to a 32-bit screen, with the DirectX driver. It will now call
blit_from_memory, instead of blit_between_formats as it does now. But
blit_from_memory probably assumes the same depth (didn't check). So I'd
be for leaving the order, and adjusting AllegroGL's vtable, since it
seems to be the only case with problems.

Would there be any complication with just having AllegroGL's
blit_between_formats check if both bitmaps are video bitmaps, and in
that case bypass the color conversion?

--
Elias Pschernig