Re: [AD] 4.2.0 Beta 3 woes

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 19:53 -0500, Shawn Walker wrote:
> I am attempting to compile the Allegro 4.2.0 beta 3 snapshot from
> alleg.sf.net
>
> Some things you should know first:
>
> Solaris 10 x86
> gcc/g++ 3.4.3
> gas 2.15
> Open Sound Driver from www.opensound.com
>
> First, a configuration problem. I noticed that OSS sound support isn't
> automatically detected on Solaris 10, even though I have the latest
> OSS package installed from www.opensound.com, what does Allegro need
> for OSS support?

Try to print out allegro_error after install_sound faild. It should give
us a clue. From what I see, it tries to open "/dev/dsp" and does some
ioctl calls to set the format..

> Second, I've run into several compilation errors along the way. By
> default, ./configure detects MMX and SSE support, but then fails
> during compilation with:
>
> ./src/misc/icolconv.s: Assembler messages:
> ./src/misc/icolconv.s:138: Error: unbalanced parenthesis in operand 1.
> ./src/misc/icolconv.s:249: Error: unbalanced parenthesis in operand 1.
> ./src/misc/icolconv.s:275: Error: unbalanced parenthesis in operand 1.
> ./src/misc/icolconv.s:386: Error: unbalanced parenthesis in operand 1.
> ....and so on....
>
> I saw a previous email on the list about this from last year, that
> suggested the gas version was too old, but obviously my version isn't
> that old.

Not really sure.. I don't even have a "gas" here, just "as". configure
detects the right one probably.. maybe it detects the wrong one for you
or something?

> If disable asm support with ./configure --enable-asm=no, then I get
> these errors:

As Milan said.. you need to re-create the dependencies. (We really need
a configure expert, who could make configure automatically recreate the
dependencies when needed..)

--
Elias Pschernig