Re: [AD] Go Evert, go!

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Peter Wang wrote:

On 2005-05-26, Andrei Ellman <ae-a-alleg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
Attached proposed documentation update.
[...]
+At the moment of writing this, Evert Glebbeek is the Allegro Dictator.

What about "King of Allegro" instead?

We've always called such a figure the "dictator", basically because it's
just for a laugh.  I don't know if it really needs mentioning in the
manual[1].  I can't recall any time that any of us have had to step in
and sort out a dispute within the "core" group.

Some more history: at one stage no one was really willing to be the
dictator, so it was proposed that we have a triumvirate consisting of
Eric, Michael Bukin and myself.  I *think* we agreed to it (someone
correct me if I'm wrong).

I found a thread "Allegro Leadership Structure" (BTW, I don't believe I'm subscribed to the list for 6 years now) where triumvirate is mentioned and Eric somewhat agreed to it and you somewhat did not, but nothing was concluded.

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh