Re: [AD] makefile.vc patch for Microsoft Free Toolkit 2003

BTW, anyone cared to check if link /lib is compatible with MSVC6 Linker?

On 5/2/05, Roberto Alfonso <rpgrca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
On 5/1/05, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
> On Saturday 23 April 2005 18:40, Roberto Alfonso wrote:
> > Anybody wanting to compile Allegro with Microsoft free tools (that is,
> > Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 Toolkit, DirectX 9 SDK and the Microsoft
> > Platform SDK) will find two problems. One of those problems is the lack
> > of lib.exe. The attached patch replaces lib.exe with link /lib, which
> > achieves the same result and is compatible with MSVC 6.
>
> Seems fine to me. Apparently no one objects, so commited.
> What's the second problem?

It is not an Allegro problem. The free toolkits don't have MSVCRT.lib
by default, you need to get it from the .NET SDK, or somewhere else.
If new documentation will be written about how to compile Allegro with
free tools, this should be stated. If not, it should be at least in
the FAQ.

--
Roberto Alfonso                         rpgrca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rhynox, the Mighty Rockfriend, Thane of the Hill Dwarves and Mythical