Re: [AD] 64-bit

On Sunday 08 May 2005 18:32, Bobby Ferris wrote:
> Has Allegro been deemed 64-bit safe yet?

Yes, as of 4.2.0 beta 1. I haven't seen any real problems the past few
months.
You may want to use current CVS though, since there were some possible
glitches in the grabber and dat plugins, as I recall.

> I have a 64bit gentoo installation only a reboot away, and I can get a
> copy of XP x64, so I  can be testing allegro on 64bit (assuming there is
> a 64bit gcc port to  windows)..

Unfortunately, there isn't. MinGW is 32 bit only.
I have the same system setup, by the way (unfortunately, my sound drivers
were time-limited testing drivers; I no longer get sound in Windows now >:
().

Evert