Re: [AD] GUI kills OS cursor

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 00:04, Chris wrote:
> While playing around with my double-buffered dialogs (used
> gui_set_screen to set a memory buffer, then used a custom proc to blit
> it to the screen), I added the use of the OS cursor for smoother
> movement by calling show_os_cursor. However, I noticed that once I quit
> the first dialog and went into another one, I'd be back to use the
> software cursor.

Hmm... definitely not desirable behavior.

> Now, my theory is that setting the OS cursor sets _mouse_screen to NULL,
> and the subsequent call to show_mouse(gui_bmp) is ignored (you still get
> the OS cursor).

I think it still sets _mouse_screen, but show_mouse() calls to anything
other than the physical screen are ignored.

> If that happens to be the case, the attached patch should fix the
> problem. If that's not the case, or if there's an unforeseen side-effect
> of this change, then I'm not sure what to do...

Do you have an example programme that demonstrates the problem easily?
Hmm... maybe check with exsyscur first... I think Peter mentioned that
there were issues with it.
Also, any possible relation between this problem and bug #1176533 on the
tracker?

Evert