Re: [AD] True Colour font loading fix

On Sunday 03 April 2005 22:20, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > That said, there is currently no API to convert a font to a selected
> > colourdepth. This is a shame, but to add it now is quite a large change
-

> When would it be needed?

In case you want to draw a true colour font onto a bitmap of a different
colour depth than the current one, for whatever reason. An example would
be a 32 bit backbuffer (for alpha blending) with a different resolution
screen and the fonts loaded and adjusted for the screen colourdepth. I
agree, it is a bit of a hypotheical scenario...
I'm sure there are other cases where it could be useful, but not crucial
since it will work anyway with this patch.
My main line of thoughts was that we tell the user to have the font in the
same colourdepth but give no obvious way to change the font colourdepth in
case it has a different one. On the other hand, we don't do that for
bitmaps either.
I'll just leave this be.

Evert