Re: [AD] 6bit limitation of paletted modes.

StApostol wrote:
In the frequently asked questions it is stated that ' The VGA hardware
only uses 6 bits for each color component, which means the red, green,
and blue values in the palette structure range from 0 to 63'. This can
be quite a limitation on some cases, and - correct me if I am wrong -
one that does not apply to modern era hardware.

That is correct. Actually, it's been correct for quite a while (my old Cirrus Logic card in my 486 (which was new when it was bought) supported an 8bit-wide DAC). The reason it's not actually been "fixed" is because it'd break every Allegro program that assumes 6-bits-per-component palettes.