Re: [AD] updated fix.bat to simplify MSVC target

Newbies always seem to pick MSVC as their target, and have huge
problems interpretating the current usage of fix.bat. I've seen many
cases where the person's only problem is that he doesn't use
--msvcpaths...

its documented in /docs/build/msvc.txt
all that needs to be done (unfortunetly constantly) is to tell newbies to RTFM msvc.txt poluting the makefile with every problem on a newbies system isn't the role of the makefile. well it kinda is, kinda is not... just how far do we go, sometimes we just need to say "rtfm msvc.txt"

i have been thinking about how to better help newbies, and part of the problem is reading that msvc.txt its long, its very texty, its very tedious, it seems to go on and on and on, for a newbie that often doesn't understand the terminolgy/language/jargon, they are often confused and scared by the volume of confusing text.. so some ideas i had was to make a simple walk thru tutorial/guide, with plenty of screen shots, and/or maybe a video MPEG that shows how its done, a small video can be good for 2 reasons, it informs, and it removes much of the fear newbies face when tackling the msvc.txt file, its less scary than reading text, it seems interactive.

any suggestions ?
comments ?
is this a good idea?
are they videos for allegro setup already?
whats the best format for making videos? for windows users there are codecs for doing screen based tutorials.. which would limit the file format to AVI. or is a MPEG more appropriate.
if these files turn out to be large-ish, where can we host them ?